Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Books




by C. LaRene Hall

Christmas Eve is just around the corner (only 10 more days). Our family Christmas party was last Saturday. I always worry about the gifts I give to all the children and grandchildren. Will they like what I an giving them? They are all different ages - from almost 50 to only 4. What can you buy that everyone will like?

This year, like most years, I bought a family game, family movies, and books. I don't think you can go wrong with those items. At least in my family everyone loves games and movies. They have learned through the years that if they don't love books - oh well. I do and that's what I give.

Of course, picking out the perfect book for each indivdual can be difficult. This year I made it a little easier for some of the children because I bought them music books to go with the instruments they play. I try to stay close to each of the grandchildren so I know what their particular tastes in books are. One granddaughter even posted on facebook how much she liked her book she received from grandma.

A few years ago, when I felt more ambitious than this year, I wrote each grandchild their own story. Of course, you probably don't have time to write such a story this year unless your family is real small, but think about it for next year.

If your shopping isn't done this year, do think about how beneficial a good book would be for those you still need to purchase a gift for. I honestly don't think you can go wrong when you give a book.

1 comment:

Keith N Fisher said...

the Segal book near me has a discount table I use to purchase Christmas Presents. Love giving books.