Sunday, April 22, 2012

Electronic Writing Aids

I'm in the process of learning how to use the Scrivener program I purchased half price after I beat NaNoWriMo last November. The current WIP I'm editing has a bit of a complicated parallel storyline, and it's been giving me fits. I'm hoping Scrivener will help me with that.

That got me thinking about some other programs I've found helpful:
  • autocrit -- this one can be quite the eyeopener for things like overused words
  • Dragon -- this is great if you're good at speaking your writing. I tried it and found my fingers did the talking. However, I wonder if I could do better with this is I left the monitor off so I wouldn't be constantly trying to edit.
These are just three items that might be useful. What program--whether on your computer or online--have you found to be helpful?

No comments: