Thursday, June 14, 2007

Procrastination Prevention

By Nichole Giles

I’m having one of those crazy-mixed-up-busy-beyond-comprehension weeks. One of the reasons for this is due to my attendance at a writing workshop at BYU. I am learning a lot, and am filling my veins full of great ideas and inspiration. In the meantime, I’ve been so focused on my classes that I haven’t had time to write a deeply thoughtful blog.

So here is your inspiration for the week taken straight from The Pocket Muse: Endless Inspiration by Monica Wood.

“Follow-up Notice From the Department of Procrastination Prevention.”

Set your screen saver to say one of the following phrases after thirty seconds of inactivity.

“Don’t get up.”
“Remember why you do this.”
“This thing won’t finish itself.”
“What are you waiting for?”


Now, plant your behind in a chair. Happy writing!

(If you can think of another great phrase, feel free to share!)

No comments: