Thursday, November 04, 2010

Perspective

By Cheri Chesley

Sometimes we have to get hit in the head with a brick to remember what's truly important. We focus on a goal, work toward it, and--sometimes--forget why we set these goals of improvement in the first place.

In a word? Family.

Because that's what is really important. Not how many books we publish, how many stories we right, how big our contract is.

This week has been one of reflection. A few other words to describe it are: terrifying, tragic, painful, nightmare-like, horrifying, too awful to be real, etc. It's the kind of week I snuggle my kids closer and thank God for the wonderful family I have. And pray. And fast. And plead.

On the up side, I'm getting tons of real-life experience for my novels. And you thought I just wrote fantasy. ;)

1 comment:

Michael Knudsen said...

Family has a place in every genre!