Thursday, February 17, 2011

Must be Love Week

by Cheri Chesley

Of course, we all know how this got started. Hallmark decided we needed another reason to buy cards...no, I'm kidding. I mean, "love week" started Monday with Valentine's Day. :)

My brother-in-law and his wife, a dear friend of mine, celebrated their wedding anniversary on Valentine's day--along with many other couples. Happy anniversary, Larry and Mel!

My in-laws celebrated their anniversary Feb 16--yesterday, for those following the calendar--nearly 50 years of what has been more bliss than trial. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad! (and sorry the card is late)

And, of course, Bryan and I celebrate 15 short years of marriage today. I used to think 15 years was a long time. But, as they say, time flies when you're having fun. If not for the fact our oldest son is going to be 14 this summer, I would argue that I couldn't have been married that long. :)

I write books liberally sprinkled with what I hope is believable romance. And I credit my marriage with a lot of what I know. Bryan professes to not be a romantic, but I think I know better. He never forgets our anniversary or my birthday, even if we're too broke to celebrate the way he wants. I find a lot of Bryan in the heroes of my stories. I think I've found my "romance novel" hero in real life. He may not necessarily look the part, but he's ideal in every way that counts. For me, that is.

And for anyone who may say that my novel heroes are too good to be true, I would respond that they haven't met my husband. :)

No comments: