Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Surprise - I'm Back

by C. LaRene Hall

I think the biggest surprise was that I ever left. I had been a regular blogger since day ONE, back in April 2006 without missing a single week. For those that don’t know where I went I’ll give a brief explanation. November 11, 2010 I left home to go to Colorado so I would be there for my son’s brain surgery on the 15th. We wanted a little time together before the big day. I had no idea that two days later, back home, my two children would have to rush my husband, almost at death's door, to the hospital. He spent a month in the hospital and three weeks in a rehab center. Now, seven weeks later life is finally getting back to a normal routine. No, things will never be the same again, but a regular schedule is good.

This has taught me that when writing there has to be as much conflict and drama, as I have recently experienced, to keep the readers on the edge of their seat. There needs to be as many curves, setbacks, and unexpected problems as you can create. The more unforeseen things you can throw into your story the more interest you will generate.

1 comment:

Michael Knudsen said...

Welcome back, Connie. I hope all goes well with you and your family, and you're able to find time for yourself (and blogging!)