Saturday, April 11, 2015

Wow it’s Wednesday Time to face the World


By Keith N Fisher

I know this blog will probably post on Saturday, but I always try to write these posts early so I’m not doing it last minute. Usually, what happens is, an idea begins to percolate on Sunday and by Wed, I know what I want to write.

No. This won’t be one of those I can’t think of anything to write posts.

Sometimes ideas don’t come until I’m late, other times, something happens in my life or in the news that stirs the juices and I must put down my thoughts. Often, you don’t get to see those thoughts. We have a reputation here at the blogck and I don’t want to jeopardize that. I also, don’t want to start arguments.

There is so much, this week, to write about, but it becomes journal entries. There is wisdom in keeping journals. Mine helps me clear my mind without insulting people. I guess I could mention the LDS General Conference, though. It’s true, Elder Hales said we should stand up for religious freedom. He also said, “ . . . We must not forget that moral agency is part of God’s plan for all of his children . . . No one should be criticized, persecuted, or attacked by individuals of governments either, for what he or she believes . . .”

Freedom of religion doesn’t give anyone the right to infringe upon other people’s exercise their moral agency.

In trying to come up with something about writing, I realized now is a busy time. I’m attending the Write Here In Ephriam conference next week. I will also be at LDStorymakers. I hope to see you there.

I recently joined a Facebook beta readers group. I miss my critique group and I need to help, as well as to be helped. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m writing another national market story and I’ve been plotting others. My LDS fiction is on the way to the publisher. My cookbook needs editing. It’s interesting to see what things we put on hold, because our interests have changed.

My life has gone in strange directions during the past few years, but I’m adjusting. With all the upheaval, I’ve noticed a certain flakiness and I hope you aren’t one of those who fell by the wayside. The fascinating thing, though, at least to me, is through it all I still write. The bits of stories in my computer, both LDS and otherwise, will keep me self publishing for years.

Yes, its Saturday. Good luck with your writing—see you next week.

   

No comments: